The aim of this working group is to deal with specific issues and aspects of competition law and policy that may affect the Chamber ‘s member companies.
The three main objectives sought through the creation of the working group are:
- To serve as a meeting and exchange point of knowledge between member companies that are interested in or affected by the European competition policy.
- To provide a platform to discuss in “neutral territory” between companies, lawyers, consultants, DG Competition officers and the Spanish administration.
- To reinforce Spain’s leadership as a European benchmark in Competition Law and Policy, both from a public and a private perspective.
For this purpose, the new Commission, foresees different lines of activity:
- Organization of work meetings to discuss specific issues and initiatives of DG Competition.
- Holding breakfast-debates or similar events with officers from the DG COMP and national authorities.
- When appropriate, the preparation of opinion statements on specific legislative/regulatory proposals.
- Preparation of documents/guides on competition policy, intended for Spanish companies.
To be part of this new Commission, it will be required to be a member of the Chamber and to have a proven experience in the field of competition.
“Competencia España” is led by Miguel Troncoso, member of the Chamber’s Board of Directors and managing partner in Brussels of the prestigious Gómez-Acebo y Pombo law firm.
If you are interested in joining the Commission or in obtaining further information, please send an email to email@example.com.