Press release by Sophie Wilmès, Prime Minister
The National Security Council extended with the Ministers-presidents of the regions, agreed for a transition to phase 4 of the de-escalating since July 1st, based on the agreement of the GEES experts that is based on the good evolution of the epidemiological situation.
The six golden rules are still in force:
- Respect for hygiene rules.
- Prioritize outdoor activities.
- Take extra precautions for those at risk.
- Respect for safety distances.
- The “extended bubble” rule that increases from 10 to 15 different people per week in addition to the co-living. As a reminder, this right is individual.
- Group activities cannot exceed 15 people, children included. This applies to all unsupervised meetings, regardless if they take place at home or outdoors.
It will now be possible to open under certain conditions:
- Pools and wellness centers.
- Amusement parks and indoor playgrounds.
- Theatres and cinemas.
- Casinos and game rooms.
- Conference rooms.
- Reception and party rooms with a maximum of 50 people.
Among the conditions is the application of protocols. In addition, the general rules that are already in force for other activities will be applied, such as the mandatory respect of safety distances, the establishment of time slots and crowd management, the cleaning of infrastructure and the use of mouth masks, which continues to be highly recommended.
Activities that cannot be restarted at this stage:
- Nightlife activities such as disco clubs.
- Massive events.
However, it will be possible to organize activities from July 1st in front of an audience, under certain conditions established in the protocols.
For regular events organized in permanent structures such as theaters, cinemas, galleries, congress halls, protocols will be drawn up with competent ministers and experts from GEES.
For specific events in the public space, an online tool will be available on July 1st and will serve as a reference for local authorities in granting authorizations for these events. Specific rules should also apply.
For all these events, there is a capacity limit set at:
- 200 people inside.
- 400 people outdoors.
This capacity limit will be re-evaluated in August to 400 people indoors and 800 outdoors maximum if the health situation allows it. An exception can be requested for permanent infrastructure with a public sitting to exceed this limit, respecting health regulations.
The maximum number of outdoor participants will also apply to demonstrations. These should always be subject to a request for authorization from local authorities. In any case, they must always be static and take place in a place where safety distances can be respected.
At the same time, in addition to the resumption of these activities, certain protocols will be relaxed as of July 1st:
- Possibility of going to the stores with people from your contact bubble and without time limitation. The safety distance will continue to apply.
- Elimination of the limit on the number of positions for the markets. Health protocols and regulations must continue to apply.
With respect to the next National Day, it was decided that the traditional military and civil parade would take another form exceptionally to meet health standards. In fact, different artistic performances in symbolic places will highlight our country and its artists and will be broadcast on television. Detailed communication will be made later on this topic.
On the longer-term perspective, the start of the school year is already in full swing. The ministers of education, in collaboration with the GEES experts, have established a colour code system that indicates how the school should be organized according to the health situation. Education ministers will explain the plan in more detail at a press conference.