Since November 2017 until May 2019 the Spanish Chamber of Commerce in Belgium and Luxembourg was a contact point of the REACTIVATE programme, an initiative of the European Commission to promote intra-EU job mobility for people above 35.
For the duration of the programme, The Spanish Chamber of Commerce supported companies willing to hire or offer traineeship positions to EU citizen over 35. In order to help employers to find a qualified workforce, the programme provided support during the recruitment, relocation, and integration of the employee.
Similarly, job seekers over 35 had access to the following services:
- Career guidance, assistance creating application documents (cv and cover letter) and preparing job interviews, identification training or educational needs directly related to job seeking, and guidance on how to choose the best intern/job offer.
- Counselling on soft skills: providing additional training on further soft skills needed to fit with the employer placement offer.
- Identification job offers access to job offers at European level, registration in events related to professional development, participation in selection processes.
- Financial support: covering expenses related to job interviews, relocations, language courses, or the recognition of qualifications.
For the duration of the programme REACTIVATE was managed by consortia consisting of European organizations specialized in providing employment support. The participating partners were
- University of Economics and Innovation of Lublin (WSEI) – Poland
- Innogate to Europe – Spain
- Eduforma – Italy
- European Center in Training for Employment (ECTE) – Greece
- Spanish Chamber of Commerce for BELUX – Belgium