The stricter rules are necessary to stop the increasing pressure on the hospitals and to change the infection curve as quickly and radically as possible.
1. Social life
- Each family member is entitled to 1 close contact. Families should only invite one close contact at a time at home. One cannot receive another visit at home. There is an exception for people who live alone: they are allowed, in addition to their close contact, to invite person, but not at the same time.
- Meetings outside: rule of four, at a safe distance
- Funerals with a maximum of 15 people present. Without meal or reception afterwards.
- Places of worship open, but without worshipping. Meetings of up to 4 people, with a face mask and at a safe distance.
- The borders are not closed in accordance with European agreements, but foreign travel is strongly discouraged.
- Marriages take place only in the presence of the spouses, witnesses and civil registrars.
2. Economic life
- Telework is mandatory, wherever possible. Where telework is not possible, mouth masks and ventilation are mandatory. Company canteens will be closed.
- The holiday parks and campsites will be completely closed from Tuesday morning 3rd November. Indoor and outdoor activities will be stopped in holiday parks until then. Swimming pools, restaurants and bars will be closed. Meals are taken in the holiday homes, per family.
- Hotels and B & Bs will remain open, but restaurants and bars will close. Meals are taken in the room.
- Non-essential stores close, but can organize pick-up and home delivery of pre-ordered goods. No access to the shop upon collection.
- To maintain a level playing field, supermarkets and markets (<200 people) limit their offer to what is offered in the essential shops.
- Bicycles workshops and bicycle shops only carry out repairs.
- Non-medical contact professions (including hairdressers, make-up artists, wellness, massage, beauty salons) will close.
- Businesses and agricultural holdings will remain open, subjected to the obligations regarding teleworking, mask and social distancing.
- Zoos are closed.
- Classes will be suspended on November 12th and 13th for all levels of education. Classes will continue on Monday, November 16th.
- For secondary education, students of the second and third level will have a maximum of 50% in person education, until December 1st. Before December 1st, we will evaluate whether up to 100% of in person education is possible again.
- Distance learning is provided for higher education:
- For the freshmen: until December 1st when they can start in person education again.
- For senior students: at least until the end of the year.
- Teachers meetings are online; this also applies to pedagogical study days.
- It is forbidden to organize physical team building.
4. Start and end date
- The measures will take effect across the territory from Monday, November 2nd, 2020.
- The measures apply for a month and a half, until Sunday December 13th, 2020. For the non-essential stores, an evaluation by the Consultative Committee will take place on December 1st.